I made some decent enhancements to PitaTranslate today. The main functionality is unchanged, but I made some usability and user-friendliness changes, in particular:
- Remembering user language selections between sessions. The normal usage pattern is to translate between between the same two languages almost all of the time, so I added a cookie which remembers.
- Added a “swap” button, much like you find in Google Translate.
- Moved some controls around. The language selection controls are above the text window now. The text window still gets focus by default, but now if you press TAB from that window you give focus to the “translate” button. Again, this is based on what seems to be the normal pattern of use.
I’d also like to give a big thanks to the gaeutilities project. I’m using their session implementation for cookie management; it gets the job done, was easy to use, and seems solid.